Dear Evie,
I'm writing these little letters to you for a few of reasons. First, I want you to be able to someday read and understand what it is like for me being your mother. I want you to be able to have a window into a our day-to-day after you are no longer able to remember the good (and bad) days we've had. Second, if something were to happen to me, I want you to have an accessible and clear way to know how much I love you more every day. Even when you throw up in my hair and poop on my new, white, carpet. Third, I'm using this for selfish reasons as well. You see, you can't talk...yet. This causes a bit of a problem for me when I am home most of the time with someone who can't talk. These letters are going to be a bit of an outlet for all the things I want to say to you but I know you can't understand. The last reason is why I chose to make this a public blog. I want others to be able to gain an honest and realistic view into the mind of someone who would gladly die for someone who can't talk and poops on their carpet. I know there are a lot of mommy-blogs out there but I hope this one can be more personal and meaningful for the both of us and anyone out there who is wondering about motherhood or just about us.
I love you baby girl and I'll talk to you soon.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment